Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just like that!

It all started at 3:45 am when I pulled my sleepy self out of my bed. I made my way to the kitchen and poured myself a hearty bowl of cereal and grabbed a banana. Still pitch black outside, I relied on jumping jax and stretching to get my muscles loose. I was feeling good and had gotten enough rest.

5:00 am rolls around and my parents scoop me up from the apartment. We're on our way to the beach and I've got gatorade and shot bloks in hand. We get down there and head to the start line. 6:13 am...we're off!

We start at 17th st. near Las Olas. Weather is gorgeous. Route is awesome. I'm energized and feeling sensational. Miles 1, 2, 3, 4 under tunnels, over bridges. Then we make our way to A1A and run all the way to Oakland Blvd and pass it! Turn around point finally comes! Miles 8, 9, 10 were tough but we breeze through them. Before we know it, there's the finish line and we zoom through it! Just like that, we successfully finished our half marathon in 2 hours 9 minutes 54 seconds.

Every challenging goal seems almost impossible at first. But then you realize, you are capable of amost anything if you throw yourself into it wholeheartedly :)

Thank you, everyone, for all the congrats! And now, only 2.5 months until I will have reached my ultimate goal...running 26.2 miles and raising $5,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment