Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Worked myself silly!

Holy crap, I'm tired. Not only from working out twice in 12 hours, but also from waking up at 6 am this morning!!

Last night, I pushed myself really hard on the eliptical for 40 minutes, getting up to level 13 for a good portion of the workout. Talk about losing water weight...I must have lost 5 gallons of sweat!!

Then, and I know you will think I'm nuts, but I woke up early this morning to run 4 miles. Don't worry...I have my reasons. My half marathon is THIS Sunday and it starts just after 6 am. Therefore, I need to prep myself for waking up that early and for running before I have energy from food. I also need to get used to running before my muscles are loose from a day's worth of walking around.

To sum up my morning run - it sucked. I didn't have nearly as much energy as usual and my muscles and joints were not at all loose. So that means...I've got to do it again tomorrow!

In other news, I am so excited that my dad will be able to run with me on Sunday. He was unsure until yesterday because of a trial he had pending. But, there was a conflict of insterest and he's off the case...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment