Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sore and feeling great!

Hello all!

This is my marathon training blog that i will use to document the ups and downs of my training. I am about a month and a half into it, and so far it's going pretty well. The actual run takes place in Miami on January 31st. That means I have 138 days to get from where I am now (7 miles) to where I need to be (26.2 miles). It's gonna be tough, but isn't that the point? That's the whole reason I took on this challenge...I wanted something to strive for, a new goal, a new adventure.

So, jumping right into it...

While there is no better feeling than finishing a run that i didn't think I'd ever be able to finish, it comes with a single consequence - feeling sore and achey the following day. On this particular day, my muscles are extremely fatigued, and for this I blame Ryan.

I'm sure all of South Florida noticed the pseudo hurricane that swept through the area Sunday evening. So, instead of going on my long run, Ryan put me through an intensive leg, arm, and ab workout, which we did on the floor of my bedroom. No, I am not talking about fooling around...I am talking about a ridiculous amount of squats, leg lifts, crunches, and some interesting lower body and arm exercises using just your arms to lift yourself off a chair.

So, not only am I feeling fatigued from my run, but I am also experiencing the lingering effects of this hour-long traumatizing workout.

BUT...

I feel great, too. Never did I think I could run 7 miles. But I did it. Two weeks in a row now. It's kind of a rush, both during and after my run. More so after - when i know I just completed a difficult task of running a distance that, a few months ago, I never even considered running.

These next few months will test me, this whole marathon running mission will test my character, my stamina, my mind, and my body. I am ready for it. So, come on martahon, let's see what ya got.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog! Way to go running 7 miles yesterday after our workout the day before. I promise I'll be in for the next long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Rach on all of this! I think is it an amazing idea and you have always been someone who pushes herself to accomplish what you set out to do.... so I know in my heart you will be successful! Love ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are insane in the membrane... but I love you anyways!

    ReplyDelete