Monday, December 21, 2009

18 miles down...sort of :/

So, I am a bit pissed off at myself and my dad. For some reason, we thought that one of the loops we run was 8.6 miles. Both he and I had, at some point, clocked the loop to be 8.6 So, we ran two loops plus a 1 mile loop. W actually felt pretty great running in the AWESOME weather this Sunday.

The hard part wasn't the being tired, because we really weren't. The hard part for me was my legs hurting. It's like my legs hated me...my knees, feet, ankles...oy vey. But we managed to finish our "18" miles! Then, a few hours later, my dad mapped the run and said the loop we ran was actually only 7.1 miles, meaning we only ran a total of 15.5 miles, which is the same distance we ran two weeks ago. I was PISSED OFF.

Anyway, I have gotten over it, i think. Because honestly, at this point, I know there is no stopping me from finishing the 26.2 miles on January 31st. And my knee was basically broken all day yesterday from the 15.5 mile run; who knows how much worse it would have been if we ran an additional 2.5 miles.

We have one more big run to go before the marathon and it's a 20 mile run in three weeks. I am glad at this point that we are coming to the end of the crazy long runs because I think two more may be my body's limit. I am 22 and after running I feel like I'm 80 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment