Monday, December 28, 2009

A Blip in my plan

So, I think all the holiday eating has taken its toll on me.

Unfortunately, my dad couldn't run with me on Sunday morning, so I woke up a 8:50 to run 8 miles alone. Immediately, I knew I wasn't on my best game. My legs were sore (from running on the beach two days prior, I think) and my body was just not feeling into it. I managed a mere 4 miles before I called it quits. Sometimes, we just can't fight our bodies and Sunday was one of those days. You can only push yourself so far so many times. I ran almost 16 miles easily a week ago. Yet yesterday, I was pushing myself to finish 4.

With my marathon a short 4 weeks ago, I suppose I should be worried...but I'm not. I have one more big run ahead of me before the marathon and that's the 20-miler. I know I can finish that. And because I know I can finish it, I know I can finish 26.2 miles. I don't even consider my experience yesterday a setback, I just consider it a blip.

No comments:

Post a Comment