Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Level 15...are you kidding me!?

So, I came to the realization yesterday that I need to be working my ass off every single day I train so that when I do my long runs, I don't feel on the verge of passing out. I KNOW I can work harder and run faster, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I put this "Work My Ass Off" plan into action last night. My dad suggested that when I do my cross-training on the eliptical, I use a higher resistance level, Level 15, instead of Level 8, which I typically use. I figured this would be the perfect way to start my plan.

As I tapped my finger on the up arrow, my legs began to rebel against me. After clicking the arrow 4 times, up to a Level 12, my legs won the fight against my finger and I stopped clicking. Level 12 felt like a giant football player was pushing up as hard as he could on the bottoms of my feet. Not so fun. So, I went up and down between levels 8 and 12 for 40 minutes. Felt great afterwards, but certainly not during my workout.

So, maybe I'll get you next time, Level 15. But for now, I'll stick to my agonizingly hard Level 12.