Monday, October 26, 2009

Only 15 more miles...

This weekend was drama-filled and fabulous! Going to Gainesville never fails to provide me with the most drama I will need for an entire year. I had a great time though, and thanks to all my Phi Siggers for reading my blog and asking me about my training! It means so much to me that you guys care enough about an old, worn-out alumna to actually read my blog :)

Anywho, I did my best to be good at campout and not get drunk. I succeeded, while still having a ton of fun. I knew if I drank, I'd feel crappy on Sunday for my run. So, I didn't drink and my run was great (well, ok great is a very subjective word)!

I am extemely achey today and feel like an old grandma probably feels every day of her life. But, the good news is (as my dad put it at about mile 10 of our 11 miles)..."After this run, only 15 more miles and we'd be done with our marathon." Thanks, dad. Always so helpful.

And guess what...we get to take a break this coming weekend...only 8 miles. Woo! Eight seems like nothing now!

PS - Go Gators!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I knew something was wrong with me when I would say "oh, I'll go out for a quick run.. like.. 6 miles." hahah. It's a sickness, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think how many more aches you would have had if you sprinted the last mile like you suggested. That's why it's important to listen to your wise, old dad.

    ReplyDelete