Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumped and Positive!

I am very excited to say that I cut one minute off of my 4-mile time. I am now down to 33 minutes, which is 8:15 miles! I was so happy when I finished running (even though I was exhausted and quite sweaty) and looked down at my watch to see my time. What a great feeling!

I can't wait to run the 5k this Halloween. About a year and a half ago I ran the Phi Sig TFA 5k up in Gainesville in about 28 minutes, if I remember correctly. (And I thought I was in good shape then, boy was I mistaken.) I never imagined I'd be able to run it so much faster. I am pretty sure I will be able to run it now in about 23 minutes. That would mean cutting 5 minutes off my time from the last 5k. I will be so happy with myself if I can do that!

So, today, I'm feeling pumped and positive! But honestly, I'm really not looking forward to running 10 miles without a running buddy this Monday. Anyone want to join me? Please? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment