Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's news to me!

So, the gym just hooked up these little boxes to the eliptical machines so that you can plug your headphones in and listen to the TVs in front of you! This is so awesome because now while I workout, I can check out whats going on in the world from the three Tvs in front of me. We've got BBC News, NBS local news, and CNN! I now know about the possibility of sending 40,000 more troops into Afghanistan, that the Pakistani prime minister, indeed, has no idea where Bin Laden is hiding, that the Netherlands has a lot of really old people, and that yet another political head has cheated on his wife (what a surprise).

You see, kids, working out can be healthy AND informative!

On another note, my doctor called and said my bloodwork showed I'm healthy, but my cholestorol has gone up, although it is still in normal range. I don't believe it for a second because he told me this once before and when I went back like a month later, it had gone back down to being where it had been, around 150. Plus, it would make total sense that on the Monday I get back from vacation, my bloodwork shows a higher cholesterol number. In Orlando, I drank, ate pizza, ate fried crap, etc. Also, i seriously doubt that my cholestorol would have gone up 50 points in like a year. So, Doctor G., I think you are wrong, sir.

3 comments:

  1. Love being able to watch the news. The best (or worst) was watching food network at Gainesville Health and Fitness as I worked out. I considered it the carrot on a stick that I was running towards.

    On a side note with a very personal perspective, A-stan needs the troops. I have too many loved ones there that desperately need the help.

    Congrats with the running. Just did the Army 10-Miler last weekend and had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I enjoy wathcing cooking shows too when I'm running, especially the infommercials that have food in them lol!!

    Thanks for the comment! You have any interest in running a half marathon in Ft. Lauderdale next month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God no. ;) My friend tried to get me to sign up for a half up here in DC next month and I just.. ugh. Part of me says I should because I've been training, but the other part of me was tortured in getting to 10 miles (I tended to yak a lot 30 minutes after running any distance over 7 miles).

    I think I'll stick to the two 10Ks I have coming up -- the Marine Corps Marathon 10K and the Veterans Day 10K.

    You'll kick ass though! :) :)

    ReplyDelete