Thursday, October 1, 2009

My nagging paid off!

It's official. My dad just told me he will run the Miami Marathon with me! After about 2 months of trying to convince him, he finally gave in! Great success. He might be in his mid 50's, but he could outrun me any day, and probably most other people too. I'm just really glad I have a partner to run with now, and I'm really glad it's my dad because he's been the one who has encorugaed me to run further and further since I was 13 years old.

In other exciting news, I have decided to run the Ft. Lauderdale Mini Marathon on November 15. Thanks to Roger for bringing it to my attention! It just happens to fall on the weekend that I'm due to run 14 miles, so it's great timing. Anyone interested in running it with me (and my dad, if he isn't out of town)? It's only 13.1 miles, and it's right along Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

In other not quite as exciting news, but still right up there, I clocked my 4 mile run yesterday, and me and Ryan came in at about 34 minutes, putting us at about 8.5 minute miles...not too shabby, I'd say. This will be my starting point, and I plan to improve my time with each 4 mile run.

Also, I am very proud to announce that I got my first donation to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America! I am so pumped about raising money for this amazing cause. Check out my fundraising site to help me reach my goal of $5,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment