Friday, October 2, 2009

Not as young (or fast!) as I used to be

So, last night I challenegd myself to run 2 miles as fast as possible. Well, I don't know what I was exepecting, but I do know that I'm definitely not as fast as I used to be when I was sprinting on a regular basis at soccer practices and soccer games...not to mention running track.

When I was in 10th grade, I could run 2 miles in under 15 minutes. Now, it's closer to 16 minutes. Yea, yea, you're thinking "Who cares, that's only one minute difference." But really, an additional 30 seconds per mile is kinda crappy. Especially when taking into consideration that I ran 4 miles at 8.5 minutes each. That means that when I double my mileage from 2 to 4, I am only slower by 30 seconds a mile. Actually, I guess that is a positive way to look at it!

Because I was not too impressed with myself, I did some sprint work in front of the apartment. Aside from my neighbors staring at me like I was nuts, I felt pretty good about my sprinting, considering I had just finished a two mile fast-paced run.

Also, I am happy to report that I have already raised $250 for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation in just a couple days! I can't wait to reach my goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment